Sunday, October 7, 2012

Rhonda Weppler & Trevor Mahovsky - All Night Convenience






























One of the best-considered Nuit Blanche projects ever, Weppler & Mahovsky's All Night Convenience offered viewers a pop-up corner store as large lantern, filled with two thousand glowing items. 

These products, ranging from toothpaste to tampons, were made of acetate or mylar, with an LED light inside. Participants were invited to line-up and select a product, which was then turned into a lantern or necklace for them to wear or carry out into the night, dispersing the light from the larger sculpture. 

I felt I had to babysit my own project to a degree, so didn't bother to stand in line, which I'm kicking myself for now. These pictures were found on flickr and facebook. 




No comments:

Post a Comment