Saturday, August 22, 2015

John Giorno | Poem Prints














John Giorno
Poem Prints
Durham, USA: Durham Press Inc., 1991
41 x 41 x 3.5 cm.
Edition of 70 signed and numbered copies


A wooden box,  containing 9 silkscreens on cardboards, each 36.5 x 36.5 cm. From a larger series that dates back to the early days of Giorno's career. The first Poem Prints were part of his Dial-A-Poem installation in the Information exhibition at the Museum of Modern Art, 1970.

The texts in this edition are as follows:

"I don't need it. I don't want it and you cheated me out of it"
"That gun's got blood in its hole"
"We gave a party for the gods and the gods all came"
"Sugar, alcohol, meat & cigarettes"
"Nothing recedes like success"
"It's worse than I thought"
"I'm waiting in line with my groceries and I want to get away without incident"
"Life is a killer"
"Put your ear to stone and open your heart to the sky"



No comments:

Post a Comment